A pilgrimage for those in the know is the annual Palisade Peach Festival now in its 43rd year. Held in August, the festival celebrates the peach harvest and Grand Valley agriculture in general.
The fun includes:
- The Peach Festival at Riverbend Park in the heart of Palisade, with more than 100 vendors, kids activities, live music and peachy events like cooking demonstrations and tastings, a messy peach-eating contest, carnival rides
- Feast in the Fields, an elegant dinner of Palisade produce and peaches, paired with local wines and served in an orchard.
- An ice cream social and street dance with free peaches, peach ice cream and cobbler, live music and dancing in the streets
Tours of two dozen local agriculture-related businesses that demonstrate how local crops are grown and turned into end products. Included are orchards, vineyards, wineries, distilleries and breweries, alpaca and lavender farms, bike tours, van and limo tours and a float down the Colorado River.
- The Peach Fest 3- and 5-Miler, a chance to run off all the good eating on a course that follows the Colorado River
- A bike-and-boat race that includes a 20-mile mountain bike ride, an 8-mile river course and a 14-mile bike touring course
- A pancake breakfast, parade, car show, coronation of the Peach Queen and lots more small-town fun.